A WORD FROM OUR LEADER
The election coming up this October 3rd is historic.
It will turn the page on more than sixty years of constitutional wrangling and allow a new reality to emerge. The political spectrum may soon be redefined. The tectonic plates of Quebec politics are realigning.
We now have a major party that wants first and foremost to give you more freedom. Our election platform sets out our key commitments in the run-up to this election battle.
We aim to be “Free in our own homes” with five major proposals:
- To reduce taxes substantially by approximately $2,000 for a worker earning
$80,000 a year and suspend gasoline taxes to help Quebec families cope with the rising cost of living.
- To decentralize the health care system, establish competition between different institutions and enable the participation of the private sector in order to finally improve the efficiency of care.
- To promote public transportation by offering free buses rather by than investing in a costly and useless tramway in Quebec City.
- To allow the exploration of our natural gas resources in order to make Quebec self- sufficient in energy and help our European allies gain access to greener energy.
- To assist all families with childcare by offering an allowance of $200 per week, per child, for parents who do not have access to CPEs or who wish to use a different service.
I would like to thank the 800 activists who participated in the development of our program last November and the members of the Political Committee who contributed to the drafting of this platform.
We have strong ideas for moving Quebec forward.
Let's make the most of the upcoming election campaign to persuade Quebecers.
Leader of the Conservative Party of Quebec
- Protecting purchasing power
- Lowering gasoline taxes
- A competitive tax regime
- End taxes on second-hand goods
- A rent-setting method that benefits everyone
- Helping low-income tenants
- Making room for entrepreneurs
- Changing the way we fund hospitals
- Digitizing the health care system
- Increasing the supply of health care
- Decentralizing health care
- Reforming the Public Health Act
PREVENTIVE HEALTH CARE AND SPORTS PROGRAM
- Respecting our seniors
TOWARDS GREATER AUTONOMY FOR OUR SENIORS
- Saying yes to the 3rd Link
- A moratorium on the Quebec City tramway
- Making public transport free in Quebec City
- Progressive electrification of transport
Modulating speeds on our highways
- Making the most of our natural resources
- Relaunching the Quebec LNG-Project
- Encouraging environmental entrepreneurship
- Setting realistic reduction targets
- Demanding abolition of the federal carbon tax
- Fairer mining royalties
FAMILY and EDUCATION
- Making childcare accessible
- Supporting family solidarity
- Serving the diversity of education
- Protecting freedom of expression
Do you like this page?